Friday, June 1, 2012

Mom's the Word

I just realized I totally forgot to post about Mother's Day!

So I decided that instead of just making the mom's cookies and cards this year, we would try something different.  I decided to have the kids make their mom's some homemade bath salts, using this very basic recipe:

1 cup Epsom salt
1/2 cup coarse sea salt (not the cooking kind)
5 drops food coloring
2 drops lavender essential oil

What I loved about this activity was all the measuring, scooping, stirring and mixing the little hands got involved in - especially since we are working so hard to develop our fine motor skills.  The boys got right into this too!  I let them choose whatever color/combinations they wanted for their mom, and surprisingly they went with just the simple 'primary colors' as one pointed out - one red, one yellow, one blue.

The final product looked beautiful and smelled even more so.






And of course we also made the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...