Friday, December 9, 2011

Winter Walk Ice Wreaths


I actually remembered to use my camera today! We've been doing some fun activities lately that I totally forget to photograph - so I have nothing to share!!

We have a winter study theme, and for our outdoor walk today, I decided to let the kids bring along buckets to collect natural treasures in. They found leaves, pine cones, berries, twigs, rocks, etc. We talked about each of the items as we found them - what they were, what they did, where they came from.


At home we explored the pine cones for a while, but then I was like "What are we going to do with all these wonderful things to remember them?


The answer was a winter wreath. Using bundt pans, the kids arranged their favorite treasures...


Practiced their pouring skills by adding water with a small cup from a bucket...


And we froze them. Once they were done, we attached a ribbon, and the kids took them home for an outside winter decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...